The proposed changes include:
- a 7 day a week service with the same route number
- Rapid Services R7 [direct to the City] and R6 [direct to Woden and then Canberra Hospital and to the City via Hindmarsh Drive] starting and ending at Cooleman Court. These will run every 15 minutes during weekdays and 30 minutes on weekends and out of hours with a new Rapid from Molonglo R10 to the City [at 30 minutes intervals to start with],
- Expresso services will go,
- current suburban routes 25 and 26 will terminate at Cooleman Court with changes proposed to Route 25 about which Council has already started discussing with Transport Canberra,
- current route 83 will go and be replaced by Route 66/67 which will go to Cooleman Court not Woden and along Eucumbene Drive,
- Route 27 will continue to Woden as it does now
- Route 705, mornings and evenings to Belconnen and Tuggeranong will go
- new Routes 70 and 71 will travel from Woden to Kambah and onto the Tuggeranong South Point via Cooleman Court and Namitjira Drive
- School Services will change with a number of School buses to go and children expected to catch “normal service” buses.
You can also have Your Say by accessing The Survey on Have Your Say Website, e-mailing Transport Canberra or contacting Council with your comments.
Council has met with Transport Canberra and posed a series of Questions to them to which answers have been provided.Responses-to-questions-and-comments-from-WCCC