From the Village Building Company
Following the considerable interest from the local community in the proposed development of the former AFP site in Weston, we contacted the Environment, Planning & Sustainability Development Directorate and notified them of an extension to our Pre-DA community consultation period.
The Pre-DA consultation period will continue through until to 8 August 2018.
Village is committed to:
- Publishing the next version of draft plans to our website www.weston.villagebuilding.com.au by 16 July 2018;
- Presenting draft plans (accompanied by relevant subject matter experts) to the community at the Weston Creek Community Council (WCCC) meeting on 25 July 2018, formal details of which will be included in a subsequent email closer to the date.
Have your say
Please email me directly or register your comments through the WCCC website: https://westoncreek.org.au/contact-us/.
We will keep our website: www.weston.villagebuilding.com.au updated and will send weekly emails to alert you to the latest news.
I would like to reiterate our commitment to a genuine and open consultation process.
- Zoning of the site (The site has been zoned as a medium density residential site and adopted into the Territory plan since December 2008. Details can be found at www.planning.act.gov.au/tools_resources/legislation_plans_registers/plans/territory_plan/approved_variations)
- Building heights
- Traffic concerns along Heyson Street
- Position of the proposed apartments
- Lack of imagery and modelling of the site
- Impact on light on surrounding residents
- Information about commercial use opportunities on the site
- Driveway widths
- Continuity and connectivity with adjoining ANU site and Featherston Gardens
- Stepping and articulation facades, not just a wall of building
- Retaining mature native trees
- Compatibility of high-density development with the character of Weston
- Support for a highly sustainable development
- Opportunity to integrate with the beauty of Weston and incorporate parklands and vistas
- Fear of a repeat of Molonglo
Village Building Company