Some of these reasons include:
- The proposal is inconsistent with Zone Objectives for the RZ5 High Density Residential Zone. The assessment concluded that the proposed development will not be conducive to a high standard of residential amenity.
- The development fails to make a positive contribution to the neighbourhood and the prevailing landscape character of the area.
- The proposal did not promote good solar access on the subject site, or the adjoining dwellings.
- The proposal failed to demonstrate the suitability of the development for the site, having regard to the size, configuration and orientation of the site.
- The proposal also did not demonstrate the suitability of the land for the proposed development.
- The proposal failed to acknowledge or to provide any substantial analysis and/or modelling to establish the likely [potentially adverse] impacts of a proposed development on the immediate and surrounding environment – including the proposed yield of this development on remaining urban development within the wider [Molonglo Valley] community.
- The application was furthermore refused because it was found to be inconsistent with the Territory Plan.
The full decision can be read here.NOTICE-OF-DECISION-201833513-SIGNED