The ACT Government have advised Canberrans of further disruptions to household waste and recycling next week due to industrial action by drivers employed by collection contractor SUEZ.
Catch up collection services will not be possible.
The Transport Workers Union (TWU), representing the drivers of collection trucks, has today provided the three working days’ notice required for industrial action to take place on Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 May 2016. This action will impact services in Weston Creek, Woden and Tuggeranong.
The ACT Government has advised that the temporary drop off locations for people impacted by next week’s industrial action have now been confirmed. From Monday 23 May through to Sunday 29 May, temporary drop off locations will be available at:
- Calwell – in the car park adjacent to the parkland area off Outtrim Avenue
- Kambah – outside the ACT Parks and Conservation Service Depot off Chirnside Circuit
- Weston Creek – in the car park adjacent to the parkland area off Hilder Street
- Phillip – in the car park north-east of Callum Offices off Easty Street
- Tuggeranong – within the car park opposite Abode Apartments off Anketell and Cowlishaw Streets.