The Flexible Bus Service is available to Canberra residents who have limited access to public transport options
It is a basic bus service which is localised to particular zones. Designed specifically for residents such as the aged or people with a disability, the Flexible Bus Service is a free service which operates off a basic timetable, picking up residents from their home and taking them to local community service providers such as local shopping centres and hospitals.
All mini buses are wheelchair accessible. The service is assessed on a case by case basis. To qualify, you may be asked if you comply with the following criteria:
- seniors card holders with mobility issues
- seniors card holders aged 70 or over
- living in a nursing home and/or retirement village
- impacted by a permanent or temporary disability that prevents you from accessing regular route services
- holders of Vision Impaired (VIP)/Total & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) travel pass.
- Carers with a valid carer’s card are welcome to travel. If you are a carer or need your carer to accompany you on the bus please let the operator know at the time of booking.
- For bus bookings, please phone 6205 3555. An operator will take your details or assist you in finding alternative options. Bookings can also be made via email to: email@example.com
Bookings must be made two days prior to travel. There is no same day service. Pick up of passengers from suburbs around particular zones commence at 9.30am and return trips start promptly at 1.30pm. For more information please visit: http://www.transport.act.gov.au/catch_a_bus/accessible-public-transport