The Draft ACT Water Strategy is now out for public consultation. The ACT Government is now seeking your comment on a revised strategy, Water for the Future – Striking the Balance, that continues to build on many of Think water, act water achievements while revaluating some priorities and modifying and reassessing others.The Draft Strategy takes a long-term view (30-50 years) of water resource planning in the ACT. It considers all water sources and the needs of urban areas, the environment, industry and commercial development. The final Strategy will guide the development, integration and implementation of management plans prepared by water service providers and agencies involved in activities and works in the catchment, as well as planning and development agencies operating within the ACT and region.
Community involvement is key to the success of the Strategy. Community consultation has commenced and will close on 30 August 2013. Water for the Future – Striking the Balance can be found at www.timetotalk.act.gov.au.
- Tuesday 23 July 2013: 7.00pm – 9.00pm Tuggeranong Community Centre
- Thursday 25 July 2013: 12.00pm – 2.00pm Weston Community Centre
- Tuesday 30 July 2013: 12.00pm – 2.00pm Griffith Community Hall
- Thursday 1 August 2013: 7.00pm – 9.00pm Woden Community Centre
- Tuesday 6 August 2013: 7.00pm – 9.00pm Dickson Tradesman Club
- Thursday 8 August 2013: 7.00pm – 9.00pm Raiders Club Gungahlin
- Tuesday 13 August 2013: 12.00pm – 2.00pm Belconnen Community Centre
To register your interest or to RSVP to our community consultations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or to lodge a submission please contact Canberra Connect on 13 22 81 or by email at email@example.com.