WCCC is an incorporated, voluntary, not for profit, non-political, community-based association representing the interests of the local residents and communities in Weston Creek.
- 19 February 2024In 2024, the Weston Creek Community Council is looking to grow as a grass roots engagement hub and we are currently reviewing the way we engage with our local community. We have developed a progressive, vibrant, inclusive model for our modern Council engagements in 2024 and we will be trialling new outreach models in order ...Continue reading >
- 24 November 2023Council’s 29 November 2023 meeting will be held as scheduled (Weston Creek Community Centre at 7:30pm). The only items of business will be receipt of written nominations for a 2023/24 Committee, including office holders and an election, if required. Nominations will only be received from eligible persons on the Council’s member registerContinue reading >
- 25 October 2023Council invites the Weston Creek community to the 25 October 2023 Public Meeting. This meeting will be Council’s Annual General Meeting and we will provide a review of the period since the last AGM. EVENT: OCTOBER 2023 PUBLIC MEETING (Including AGM). DATE: WEDNESDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2023. TIME: 7:30 PM LOCATION: WESTON CREEK COMMUNITY CENTRE, off PARKINSON STREET The meeting ...Continue reading >
- 25 September 2023Confused about all the changes on Commonwealth Ave and around the Civic area occurring because of the commencement of the Raising London Circuit project and the subsequent Light Rail Stage 2A project? There is a lot of information to process and lots of variables. The Project Team from Major Projects Canberra has agreed to present ...Continue reading >
- 28 August 2023Council invites the Weston Creek community to the 30 August 2023 Public Meeting. This meeting will focus on St Athanasius Jacobite Syrian Orthodox community of Canberra proposed Development Application for a new church building in Rivett. The scheduled presentation by Major Projects Canberra will now be held during the September meeting. EVENT: AUGUST 2023 PUBLIC MEETING. DATE: ...Continue reading >