Membership request is in accordance with Sections 6 and 7 (and the relevant Subsections) of the Council’s Constitution (see above). There are three classes of membership:
- Residents of Weston Creek who have voting rights (Section 6(2);
- Persons who have an affinity to the Weston Creek district – classified as a non-voting member (Section 6(3)
- Owner of a business based in Weston Creek;
- A person employed in Weston Creek; or
- Representative of a community organisation active in Weston Creek.
Membership is subject to approval by the Weston Creek Community Council committee
The Committee has determined that there is no fee for membership of the WCCC (Section 11). Membership is not capable of being transferred to another person (Section 8(1) (a)). Since there is no membership fee, members are not liable to contribute towards the liabilities of the WCCC (Section 13(1)).
All members of the committee are volunteers and do not receive payment for any activities.
You can join by clicking here.