This program focuses on work that can start immediately and will support local jobs, businesses and our Canberra community.
The projects include infrastructure and maintenance work on government-owned community buildings, schools and other facilities.
The Weston Creek and Molonglo initiatives include:
- A new 700m long and 2.5m wide asphalt path on Cotter Road between Streeton Drive and the John Gorton Drive/Cotter Road intersection in Holder.
- A new 54m long and 2m wide concrete path on Annabelle View between Madgwick Street and Terry Connolly Street in Coombs.
- A new 480m long and 2m wide asphalt path on the northern verge of Cotter Road from Pearlman Street into the Stromlo Depot and down to the existing shared path near the Canberra Centenary Trail in Coombs.
- A new 167m long and 1.5m wide concrete path on Liardet Street between Trenerry Street and the Caltex car wash in Weston.
- New speed humps and pedestrian refuges will be delivered on McInnes Street between Hindmarsh Drive and Hilder Crescent and on Heysen Street between Streeton Drive and the driveway to the Oakey Hill Nature Reserve in Weston.
- Installation of Solar PV to Grant Cameron Community Centre and Weston Creek Community Hub. This will lower utility cost of the facility and help the environment.
- Arawang Primary School – New irrigation system for primary school and preschool.
- Duffy Primary School – Oval upgrade – irrigation system and new turf.
- Mt Stromlo High School – Emission reduction/thermal comfort – draught proofing of doors.
- Building improvements at the Weston Creek Community Health Centre and Walk-in Centre.