EVENT: WCCC JULY PUBLIC MEETING.
DATE: WEDNESDAY, 27 JULY 2022. TIME: 7:30 PM
LOCATION: WESTON CREEK COMMUNITY CENTRE, off PARKINSON STREET
MASK WEARING IS ENCOURAGED
Council invites the Weston Creek community to the 27 July 2022 public meeting which will focus on transport and city services and future developments in the area.
What are your thoughts on active travel?
Want to see the proposed plans for the Brierly Street upgrade project?
Do you know about the vet in Holder?
Join us and find out more at the next Weston Creek Community Council meeting on Wednesday 27 July.
The meeting will be webcast live via our Facebook pages. Questions that we receive will be presented to the speakers. Please let us know your question in advance by email or the Facebook pages.
7:30 pm Welcome to members and guests
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
7:35 pm PRESENTATIONS and Q&A:
- the Transport and City Services portfolio activities in Weston Creek, with Minister Chris Steel attending
- a presentation on the Brierly Street upgrade project by Sophie Clement and Jeremy Smith from the TCCS Infrastructure Delivery area
- Michael Lee and Pieter Van Der Walt from Canberra Town Planning will be attending to consult on the Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed expansion of the Veterinary Hospital on Dixon Drive, Holder
8:45 pm MURRUMBIDGEE MLAs
9:00 pm GENERAL MEETING
9:15 pm: Meeting close
We would appreciate any assistance packing up the hall, 9:15-9:30 pm. Thank you in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: Council will not be holding the usual public meeting in August, due to both the forecast Covid trajectory and the number of external pressures on our already stretched and busy volunteers. Thank you for your understanding.
Topics for the next public meeting on Wednesday 28 September will include:
- Discussion on the Western Edge Investigation
- TCCS will give an update about parking at Cooleman Court